2021 New Year Story
We conducted a special day period study using Google Ads to spend the New Year period efficiently; the primary goal of the study was to increase the period by 50% from the previous year.
We were unable to use the shopping campaigns effectively this year compared to last year. In August 2020, shopping campaigns in Turkey were closed off to the search panel, resulting in a 75% drop in performance. It was a challenge for us to prevent the loss of revenue caused by shopping campaigns.
We have organized all our campaigns around the keywords “New Year’s Eve” and “New year’s Eve Gifts”.
- New Year’s work may be unprofitable in terms of campaign results for Hediye Sepeti, but it is crucial to the acquisition of brand awareness and new customers.
We have created 4 static, 1 dynamic, 2 display, and 1 shopping campaign for the New Year.
- We grouped the keywords as Christmas and New Year Gifts.
- We created campaigns that we can manage as New User, Remarketing separately.
- We activated the DSA campaign with the landing page as “New Year.”
- Although it shrinks in volume, we did not forget about the shopping campaign. We activated a special shopping campaign for the New Year by using product labelling.
The campaigns remained active this way for 10 days. As the New Year’s Eve approached, search volumes increased, as did budgets and ROAS.
However, since the ROAS was lower than we expected, we focused on raising the CR.
We Plan to Optimize the CR
Our analysis of the campaigns showed that desktop purchase rates were considerably higher than mobile device purchase rates. Desktop 0.68% Mobile 0.30%. Despite this, 75% of our budget were spend on mobile devices. With this data;
- We headed for the device optimization.
- We worked on campaign goals, bidding strategies, and tracking methods.
And Results 🔥
According to the post-study period (December 19-30),
- Desktop CR 1.86%
- Mobile CR 0.66%
- ROAS increased to 215%
When comparing the year with the previous year, we increased New Year investments by 400% and income by 1600%. ROAS increased by 400% compared to last year.
How has it affected overall ad performance?
We closed the New Year season this year with 75% more sales than last year despite the decline in the performance of the shopping campaigns. 🚀
We closed this Year with 75% more sales than last year despite the decline in shopping campaigns.